What is Ethical Hacking?
Ethical Hacking refers to the act of penetrating computer systems, networks or applications with the intention to exploit vulnerabilities that may lead to potential threats and risks. The main aim of Ethical Hacking is the improvement of the overall security of organizations by fixing the gaps and vulnerabilities found during penetration tests. Ethical hackers are allowed to use the same
hacking techniques as malicious hackers with the permission of the organization which is to be tested.
Why is Ethical Hacking important for you?
Ethical Hackers are also known as White Hat Hackers because they use their expertise in hacking in order to improve the security of organizations by decreasing the number of vulnerabilities and security breaches. With the increase of the number of cyber-attacks, the global demand for ethical hacking services is constantly increasing as well. Globally known organizations chose to include ethical hacking in their security strategies, increasing the demand for Ethical Hackers across various industries. Moreover, experienced Ethical Hackers earn higher salaries than other professionals.
As an Ethical Hacker, you will prove that you possess the necessary expertise to support organizations detect their weaknesses, before a Black Hat Hacker does. Moreover, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills to support the process of integrating penetration tests into the organization’s processes and ensure that the intended outcomes are achieved.
Benefits of Ethical Hacking
PECB Ethical Hacker Certificate will prove that you have:
- Mastered the concepts, approaches, standards, methods, and techniques used for the operation of an effective ethical hacking process
- Gained knowledge on the different attacks that can affect the security of an organization
- Obtained the necessary expertise to conduct a penetration test by using different tools and techniques
- Gained the ability to analyze the results of penetration tests and provide effective outcomes
- Higher chances of being distinguished or hired in the security career
- Strengthen your skills and personal qualities necessary to act with due professional care while conducting tests
- Acquired the ability to support organizations in the continual improvement process of their security
How do I get started with Ethical Hacking Training?